Friday, December 2, 2011

Alcohol and Drugs

This chapter introduces drugs and alcohol use and abuse in the US and around the world. The author goes into the specifics and movements behind specific individual drugs as well as Alcohol and Tobacco. The chapter applies the social theories to these drugs and discusses the consequences.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/11/health/11addictions.html?ref=alcoholabuse
I chose this article because investigates alcohol abuse and addiction. That is a huge problem besides illegal drugs most things aren't a problem until they are an addiction. Things are never much of a problem in moderation. So that is the real thing to consider, abuse and overuse.









http://new.merchnow.com/products/87219

Showbiz Tonight. Jul 1 2010. retrieved from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbKs5mUSk7M

http://www.alcoholanddrugabuse.com/
http://alcoholism.about.com/

These are two websites that explore either drug or alcohol abuse. This is exactly what this chapter has to do with. When drugs and alcohol are abused and become addictions in the grander scheme of social patterns it becomes a social problem.

Flogging Molly (2002) writes song good display of part of the chapter.

Fuck you, I'm drunk Fuck you, I'm drunk Pour my beer down the sink I've got more in the trunk.
Fuck you, I'm drunk Fuck you, I'm drunk And I'm going to be drunk till the next time I'm drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment